Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 2012


I was experimenting with Zero-IT on our new Ruckus Wireless system, and had some glitches.  I wanted to use it so I could see user names that are logged in etc., but for some reason it wasn't displaying them but it was working.  Here it was because I was not using Dynamic PSK.  Thanks to Greg Kamer from Mirazon, for pointing me in that direction.  I truly forgot that I wanted to have an assigned passphrase that was generated by the system so that not just anyone could log in.  Now users will use their AD credentials and based on the group they are in they will be assigned to the proper WLAN, like GTStaff will be in GTAOG-Internal, while CheckIn will be in GTAOG-Checkin.  Works great.


On Sunday I had two kiosk failures at the same time :-(  Not very happy especially with only one backup, a Dell Duo touch.  I had my volunteer, Mike, look at them and found that it was a weird wifi issue on the Lenovo mini (I configured it for Zero-IT and it works like a charm).  The other one Mike removed the drivers, reinstalled new ones and it still didn't work. We swapped USB ports again (which I did on Sunday but the drivers must have been blown up) and it detected it and worked :-).  Now he is doing updates and all will be well again.  Getting all the checkin's on Zero-IT will be good because once we do that we will know which one is on what AP and what is going on.  Ruckus is so cool, I can't wait for 9.4 and more cool updates coming soon.

I'm getting ready for the Switchvox install that should take place either next week or the following. Digium has released the D70 phones so we should be receiving them shortly. I can't wait to get into it.




No comments:

Post a Comment